C2D has been mandated to assist Djibouti's tax administration (Direction Générale des Impôts, DGI) in revamping the country’s tax management system. This initiative was part of the Public Administration Modernization Support Project, and aimed to improve the operational efficiency of the DGI, while setting up an environment that is compatible with digital public administration in Djibouti.
The C2D team's main mandate was to:
• Draft technical specifications and the request for proposals, and validate them with the Client;
• Support the analysis of bidder proposals to select the tax management system that best meets the needs of the DGI;
• Contribute to setting up data migration;
• Support the planning of user training;
• Draft test scripts and support the DGI throughout the user acceptance testing phase;
• Support the monitoring of the software’s implementation to ensure timely delivery and compliance with the DGI’s strategic objectives and system requirements;
• Empower Djiboutian teams for continuous improvement and sustainability.
This mandate included the roll-out of C2D's Virtual Community of Practice, which fosters knowledge sharing among project members throughout the consultancy.
Support for the implementation of a tax management system, in accordance with international practice.
Responsible for the Public Finances component of the reform program.
Feasibility study for the Kuwait Tax Department (electronic services).
Support of inspectors and educational executives of the MENFOP with their work on didactic and pedagogical revisions.
Training and advisory services for the Information Technology Division of Djibouti International Airport.
Support services and advice to project managers responsible for tax reform and modernisation projects.
Support to inspectors and educational executives of MENFOP responsible for curriculum reform.
Strategic planning of the technological infrastructure and information systems of the Barbados Revenue Authority.
Forensic review of the ASYCUDA and SIGTAS systems for the Liberia Revenue Authority.
Statement of requirements upon which will be based the selection process for the ITAS.
Training of inspectors and educational staff of the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training.
Development of a Technical and Investment Plan in order to computerize the management of program budgeting.
Design and delivery of a one-week seminar on the modernization of revenue administration.
Evaluation and diagnostic of the current IT system, both for Inland Revenue and Customs.
Assessment and planning of the implementation of an integrated tax administration system for the domestic tax department.